The Lottie Moon Christmas is August video has been completed. Adam Covington and the rest of the Communications team at Southwestern exceeded my wildest expectations. The video is awesome. I believe it will be a powerful reminder of why we do what we do. This video evidences the reality that everything we do should proclaim the Gospel, whether it be from the pulpit, in the classroom, or in a Communications office. Over 6 billion people will face judgment and only Jesus can save them.
We will be posting the video tomorrow morning on the website along with all the other resources.
We have a critical mission, and it will take all of us to make it a success. For those willing to help I would ask that you consider which of the following would be appropriate for you:
1. Contact your pastor and ask him to raise an offering at the church during August.
2. Make sure the Mission’s Committee at your local church knows about the effort.
3. Send an email to all of your friends making sure they know about the offering and the available resources.
4. Download the video and post it on your church’s website, your personal website, or anywhere else you can to raise awareness.
5. Pray that God would use this to heighten awareness of our missionary endeavors bringing unity and revival.
6. Skip lunch one Sunday after church to pray and fast. Then give the money you would have spent to the Christmas in August offering.
7. Give whatever God lays on your heart to support our missionary endeavors.
As for me and my house, we will be praying for a mighty movement of God, giving through our local church to the offering, and continuing to let everyone know about the effort. I pray that God will do something mighty and that the Gospel will spread to the ends of the earth.
14How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15And how are they to preach unless they are sent?